Just caught an interesting comment from the folks at Zune here at the Nineball Media blog that I wanted to put front and center regarding linking to Zune podcasting links:
Thanks for the great post on 1-click podcast subscription links for the Zune. We also have a Deep Link URL process that will enable podcasters to link to their podcasts page in the Zune Marketplace.
For the podcast deep link below to work, podcasters will need to verify that their podcast is in the Zune Marketplace. If your podcast is not in the Zune Marketplace, then download and install the software and submit your podcast feed URL to us through the podcast page in the Marketplace. Please be patience after your submission and only submit a valid XML based RSS feed with active enclosures.
If your podcast is already in the Zune Marketplace, then follow the steps below to get the unique deep linking URL to use for your Zune podcast link.
Here is how to make a deep link to a podcast program page in the Zune Marketplace.
1. Go to the Podcast page in Zune Marketplace you want to make a link.
2. Click on “Tell a Friend” and send it to yourself via email.
3. In the e-mail message, right-click on the album name and copy hyperlink.
– Link Code: http://social.zune.net/external/LaunchClient.aspx?mtype=Podcast&mid= ID
4. Paste the hyperlink somewhere as this is the complete link you will need (i.e., Outlook, Word). If you paste it and just the album name is pasted, right click on the album name again and select Edit Hyperlink to find the URL.
Here is a working example of the Deep Link:
Rob Greenlee, Zune Podcast Programming Lead
Thanks Rob… I really have to confess I like the attention the Zune is paying to podcasting. I’d love to try one… what are the odds they’ll support Mac OS anytime soon? Oh, about as likely as a Dolphins Super Bowl appearance… gotcha.